Our language courses introduce the fundamental elements of the language within a cultural context.
It focuses on accuracy and fluency with an integrated skill and strategy-based curriculum aimed at developing the four language skills —listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
Upon completion, students should be able to comprehend and respond with grammatical accuracy to spoken and written skills and demonstrate cultural awareness.
Other Languages taught in FLA include but are not limited to;
• Farsi • Russian • Afrikaans • Albanian • Armenian • Bengali • Breton • Bulgarian • Cantonese • Catalan • Corsican • Croatian • Czech • Chinese • Danish • Georgian • Greek • Hausa • Hindi • Hungarian • Icelandic • Igbo • Indonesian • Irish • Japanese • Kirghiz • Latin • Latvian Lithuanian • Malagasy • Malay • Malayalam • Mongolian • Nepali • Norwegian • Papiamento • Pashto • Pidgin • Polish • Portuguese • Punjabi • Romanian • Serbian • Slovak • Slovenian • Somali • Swahili • Swedish • Swiss • Tagalog • Tamil • Telugu • Thai • Turkish • Ukrainian • Urdu • Uzbek • Vietnamese
Students can demonstrate an Advanced average level of proficiency in the language in speaking, writing, listening and reading.
- Speaking: students would be able to handle a variety of communicative tasks. They can participate in most informal and some formal conversations on topics related to school, home, and leisure activities. They can also speak about some topics related to employment, current events, and matters of public and community interest.
- Writing: students would be able to meet basic work and/or academic writing needs. They demonstrate the ability to narrate, describe and express viewpoints about familiar topics in major time frames with some control of aspect.
- Listening and Reading:students would be able to understand short conventional narrative and descriptive texts (spoken and/or written) such as descriptions of persons, places, and things, and narrations about past, present, and future events with a clear underlying structure though their comprehension may be uneven. They can understand the main facts and some supporting details. Comprehension may often derive primarily from situational and subject-matter knowledge.
- Duration 30 hours
- Skill level - Beginner
- Pre Intermediate
- Assessments 30mins free
- Course options - Private classes
- Semi Private classes
- Group Classes